posttrib
SUITABLE 
Weather Updates

No one home during Crown Point house fire

Crown Point firefighters shovel out debris from after fire 11112 DurbPlace Crown Point Ind. Saturday November 24 2012.  |

Crown Point firefighters shovel out debris from after a fire at 11112 Durbin Place in Crown Point, Ind. Saturday November 24, 2012. | Stephanie Dowell~Sun-Times Media

storyidforme: 40625687
tmspicid: 15011356
fileheaderid: 6831573
Maps

Updated: December 26, 2012 9:45AM



CROWN POINT — Faulty wiring caused a small fire at a single-family residence in Crown Point Saturday. The owners were gone for the weekend and no injuries were reported.

Crown Point Fire Rescue responded to the fire around 3:25 p.m. at 11112 Durbin Place. The fire was put out within 20 minutes, fire Capt. Dave Crane said. Fire crews from Cedar Lake and Merrillville assisted.

The structure suffered minimal damage, and the fire was caused by faulty wiring, according to Crane. The owners, Thomas and Vicky Stinar, were not home during the fire. The pets, two cats, were found.



© 2014 Sun-Times Media, LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be copied or distributed without permission. For more information about reprints and permissions, visit www.suntimesreprints.com. To order a reprint of this article, click here.