Valparaiso High on lockdown after bomb threat
By Amy Lavalley Post-Tribune correspondent May 28, 2014 2:52PM
Updated: May 29, 2014 11:00AM
VALPARAISO – Valparaiso High School was placed under lockdown for about an hour Wednesday afternoon after the school received a bomb threat from an anonymous caller.
Valparaiso Police were called to the school at about 12:30 p.m. after a caller informed the school that devices had been planted throughout the building, according to a police news release.
“The administration placed the school into lockdown and police joined Valparaiso school staff in searching the interior and exterior of the facility,” Superintendent Michael Berta said in an automated call to parents. “No device was found. Everyone is safe and the building ended lockdown at approximately 1:30 p.m.”
Sgt. Michael Grennes, public information officer with the Valparaiso Police Department, said the incident is under investigation.