Updated: September 24, 2012 6:25AM
The Northwest Indiana McDonald’s Operators are once again teaming up with the Food Bank of Northwest Indiana to help fight hunger.
NIMO will be sponsoring the Food Bank of Northwest Indiana’s newest program, Pantry on the Go. The Food Bank of Northwest Indiana’s mobile vehicle will travel to local communities and set up a temporary food pantry for local residents. Many local McDonald’s employees will be volunteering.
The Pantry on the Go will take place one week each month until October, and will stop in all area towns served by McDonald’s. Local residents will need to bring a valid photo ID to receive food. Food is served on a first-come, first-serve basis while supplies last.
Each stop is scheduled from 3 to 5 p.m. or until the food supply is exhausted.
• March 28 — Jean Shepherd Community Center, 3031 Mahoney Drive, in Hammond.
• March 29 — Salvation Army, 8225 Columbia Ave., Munster.
• March 30 — Deep River Church of Christ, 7500 Grand Blvd., Merrillville.
• March 31 — Holy Angels Cathedral, 640 Tyler St., Gary
• April 1 — Hawthorn Park Community Center, 500 Ackerman Drive, Porter.