Hotel tenant no fan of man with cane
Post-Tribune Staff Report June 14, 2013 3:04PM
A Hammond man has been charged with battery after he admitted to police that he struck a man in the head with his metal cane.
Anthony Sandridge, 50, who lives at the Jefferson Hotel, 415 Sibley St., told police he found a fan in the garbage and took it to another resident’s room at about 8 a.m. Wednesday to see if it worked. The other man told Sandridge to leave because he was intoxicated, abusive and loud, court records state, and shut the door. Sandridge began pounding on the door to get the fan back when Billy Featherly emerged from the room with the fan, which Sandridge demanded. Before Featherly could hand over the fan, Sandridge struck him several times in the head with his cane.
Featherly had a cut on the left side of his head which was closed with four staples at St. Margaret Health in Hammond.